Saturday, April 11, 2009

Gramma Tabs

OK, I can't top the last post from Linda. But something happened today that made me think of Mom. Jonathan opened a can of pop and broke the tab off. We have a bucket we keep the tabs in and it is overflowing with them. In the past, when the bucket would fill up, I would put the tabs in a plastic bag and take them to Mom who would turn them in at church. We started doing this years ago when the boys were pretty young and the tabs became affectionately known as "Gramma Tabs".

I am not even sure what the church did with them or what cause they went toward, but my whole purpose in saving them was to give them to Mom so she could contribute. I suppose every time I ever see a broken off tab I will think of giving Mom her Gramma Tabs.

1 comment:

Linda Calkins Dishaw said...

Yep, the church still collects "gramma tabs". They give them to the city hall and last I knew, they get pediatric rescue equipment or something for them. My school collects them also and gives them to U of M hospital for the same type of thing. I am not sure if they turn in the aluminum or how they get the money but I do know that it is more than just an urban myth!