Remember when Mom would have breakfast outside on the picnic table in the summer? I'm not sure how often we did this, but I remember it being often. She'd have an extension cord reaching out the back bedroom window for the electric fry pan. She'd make pancakes, eggs or whatever and we'd eat outside. I remember carrying all the dishes, food and utensils out on trays and then back in later during clean up. I didn't really appreciate this extra "work" then but I really do now. I think Mom and Dad really loved the out of doors and it really rubbed off on me.
Whenever Bill and I would go camping , eating breakfast outside reminded me of those
early breakfasts. What a special time!
3 comments:
Yes, I do have fond memories about that. Here we can and do often eat outside on the deck and every time we do, I think of those breakfasts on the picnic table in the upper back yard. Somehow, it seems food just tasted better when it was outside.
I remember eating outside, too. Who needed camping? We just used the house for the bathroom as I recall. We slept, cooked and ate outside! (well in the garage anyway)
Do you remember when Mr. Brubaker came home from his job at a noisy place (maybe DT&I?) and had the TV cranked up real loud?
Post a Comment