This is a scan of the stationary that mom used for her Christmas letters. Someone (maybe you Thom?) bought it for her years ago and she became rather stingy on using it since she didn't want to run out. I scanned it and assured that she could have stationary for years to come. Betty Tabor reports that the new family have been working over there nonstop. She sees lights on all the time. She is so excited which makes me believe that mom and dad would have been also.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
29566 Walnut
This is a scan of the stationary that mom used for her Christmas letters. Someone (maybe you Thom?) bought it for her years ago and she became rather stingy on using it since she didn't want to run out. I scanned it and assured that she could have stationary for years to come. Betty Tabor reports that the new family have been working over there nonstop. She sees lights on all the time. She is so excited which makes me believe that mom and dad would have been also.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's a great sketch of the house! No wonder Mom loved it.
Glad the new owners are busy at work making the house "their own". I hope they keep the swing so another generation of children can enjoy it.
Memories popping up--- the "dog house" by the back door. Was it ever used for Smokie? I know later we stored dog food there and then, much later, pop and empties. The cabinet in the hall, just off the kitchen. I think a long time ago it was used for brooms and such and later for pots and pans and cleaning supplies. Remember stuffing clothes down the clothes chute too fast and getting them stuck half way between floors?
The "dog house" never housed any animal; just another urban myth.
Oh yeah, I forgot. I had nothing to do with the pencil sketch cards, except I think I took the photo they used to make the sketch. I think Dad had that done.
Thanks, Tom; I didn't think I'd ever seen a dog in the doghouse outside. I remember when Marie and I were dating, when Pub was nimble and had not yet put on the weight he carried in later years, that he would lay on the side entry landing, with his hind quarters in the cabinet and his nose working overtime while Mom was cooking. I also remember that there were upper and lower doors on that cabinet..... was the lower removed so people could get into the house around Pub, or did it go back on after "Pubbie" was eating his biscuits in "dog heaven"? Pub was a pretty cool Lab, even if he did leave black hair all over the house, B
Post a Comment