
Thanks to Tracee for this picture. She found it in her Grandma Church's belongings. I have never seen it before. There's dad in the background reading the paper and the stair step book shelf thing. That lamp is still hanging in the garage and remember the bamboo curtains? Mom loved those! Tracy said that date on the back of the picture was April 1964. I was probably was dancing but it kind of looks like I'm hiding my hair. Probably a bad pixie cut or Toni home permanent!
3 comments:
OK, so that would put you probably in the first grade. A couple of things I noticed along with the stair step book case. Notice the old TV on that metal stand on the left? That was the TV that had a remote control consisting of a long rubber tube with a plunger on the end. When you pushed the plunger, the air pressure advanced the station selector. I can still remember that. Not something shown in the picture, but does anyone remember when Dad would read the paper with his legs crossed, how he used to slip his shoe almost all the way off his foot and then tip it up and down as he read the paper? Let's see, in 1964 Dad would have been about 47 1/2, right?
Wow...he was young!!! Yes I remember the shoe tipping. I also remember him giving me "rides" on his foot when his leg was crossed...probably the only way he could get me to leave him alone! What I remember about the world's first remote (the long tube with the plunger thing) is that it was a Ford Philco TV and we could only use the "remote" when we were sick! The TV and the "remote" were gold! Remember, too how we would get yelled at for "spinning the dial" on the TV? Dad was afraid we'd strip the gears or something
I took that Dancing Linda Picture. Actually I think the pose was just embarassment that I was taking her picture. It was black and white film and I think I have a copy as well.
Post a Comment