As I was ironing this morning, being extremely grateful for permanent press, I remembered mom. Remember the sprinkling pop bottle with water, before they had steam irons (or permanent press)?
Oh yeah, I remember the clothes sprinkler! I am thinking Mom may have also used the old Dr. Pepper bottle. You know, the one with 10, 2, and 4 on it? Is this an actual picture of the bottle she used?
I found one of the old sprinkler heads at the house before it was sold (not sure I kept it). I spent many hours ironing for the family in the garage ""summer room" when I was in my teens. The worst were the little blouse puffy sleeves. I LOVED it when permanent press was born!!
2 comments:
Oh yeah, I remember the clothes sprinkler! I am thinking Mom may have also used the old Dr. Pepper bottle. You know, the one with 10, 2, and 4 on it? Is this an actual picture of the bottle she used?
I found one of the old sprinkler heads at the house before it was sold (not sure I kept it). I spent many hours ironing for the family in the garage ""summer room" when I was in my teens. The worst were the little blouse puffy sleeves. I LOVED it when permanent press was born!!
Post a Comment