Sunday, August 8, 2010


One last picture of that upstairs bathroom. The heat supply for the second floor. I used to love it on cold mornings when I could stand overtop of the register and let the warm air balloon out my nightgown...until dad yelled at me of course. Remember too, how even in the dead of winter, dad would open the little vent holes at the bottom of the storm windows to let in "fresh air"?

2 comments:

Lou Calkins said...

Even I remember that heater vent. I can remember that it was the warmest one in the house. The one in the living room (the ONLY heater vent in there) was also very warm. I remember crouching down around it and also remember Dad yelling at me, "you're blocking all the heat", and he was right. I remember how he encouraged opening the window a bit during the night. To this day, I like it much cooler at night while I sleep and I often will keep the window "cracked" a bit in all but the coldest weather.

Marie Calkins Malvitz said...

I, too, loved to let my flannel nightgown balloon out with the heat. Also that mirrored door held the door knob where I practiced dancing with a "partner". That mirror was the best one in the house (most accurate).