Mom and Dad were in the back bedroom (later, the "family room") and had their bed, Linda's crib and her changing table in there. It must have been crowded! I remember babysitting for her and having a tough time getting out of the room without her waking up. I even resorted to crawling out of the room but the squeaky floors floors always alerted her that I was leaving. Guess I didn't have the mother's touch yet!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
1957 Thanksgiving
I distinctly recall this Thanksgiving morning when I woke up to the early smells of a turkey cooking and came downstairs. Grandma greeted me in the kitchen and said, "You have a new baby sister!" I remember feeling very excited to have a sister and feeling a little strange that Mom and the baby would not be home on Thanksgiving. I'm not sure what day Mom did come home with Linda, but it was an exciting time. Grandma C. certainly had her hands full if she made the entire dinner by herself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
And I slept in that crib until I was three or four!!
Those are some good memories! I almost 5 when Linda was born. I could have been one of my earliest memories, but I seem to remember going to the hospital when Mom was there. Just think, that was back in the days when guys just paced the hallways as the mothers delivered their child. Delivery of Thom's kids were the same too, I believe. I seem to remember Thom telling us a story of how he was told by a nurse that he had a baby boy, then later Doc Proud (I think) came out and announced it. But it was Marie and Bill that blazed the trail of "natural childbirth" where the guy was involved in the delivery. Does anybody remember that I had a "baby sister blanket"?
Post a Comment