Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter

Happy Easter to everyone, from 60 years in the past!

5 comments:

Marie Calkins Malvitz said...

Happy Easter to all of you. Look how small that pine tree is here. Wow!! Happy spring!! Love you all.

Lou Calkins said...

Happy Easter everyone! I do remember Easter time at our home. The church was normally a place where folks dressed up on Sunday morning. But Easter was different in that we really dressed up in our best clothes. And there was always the "sunrise breakfast" that morning. Wow, who's the 29-year-old cutie with Dad?! I am guessing Grandma probably took the picture.

Marie Calkins Malvitz said...

Hey check out the ties on Dad and Thom. Dad has geese or some waterfowl flying over cattails and Thom has a cartoon cat? Do you remember, Thom what character that is? Those ties are so 50's!!

Thom Calkins said...

Marie, the cat on my tie was the infamous Sylvester who caused Tweety Bird to exclaim, "I t'ought I taw a puddy tat!"

Thom Calkins said...

My lame excuse for my answer to Marie is that I wasn't looking at the picture. it wasn't Sylvester the Cat on the tie, but Tom, whose antagonist was the Jerry the Mouse. A piece of irrelevant trivia: There once was a folk singing duo who named themselves Tom & Jerry; it didn't work, so they went with their real last names: Simon & Garfunkel.